Air fryer roasted asparagus is a super quick side dish that pairs well with any meal. Lightly seasoned and ready in just 5 minutes, this air fried asparagus stays crunchy. A great, healthy alternative to french fries these crunchy spears are perfect for dipping.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I love asparagus. As a side dish, it is one of my favourite vegetables. However, I like it best when it stays crunchy and has crispy ends.
This air fried asparagus has the crunch and the best part is it’s ready in just 5 minutes.
The best thing about air-fried roasted asparagus is there are very few steps to preparing and cooking it.
- Wash the asparagus spears then cut off the bottom part just where it starts to turn green. (I usually just keep it in a bunch and chop it all at the same place)
Pro Tip: Look for asparagus spears that are about the same diameter as a pencil. These are more tender and less woody than larger stalks and cook quicker.
- Place in the air fryer basket and drizzle with olive oil. If your air fryer is the style that looks like an oven, you can toss the asparagus in the oil before placing it on the tray.
- Place in the air fryer at 400°F for 5 minutes
- Remove from the basket and sprinkle with salt and a drizzle of fresh lemon, if desired
Pro Tip: If your asparagus spears are extra thin, cook them for 3 minutes and then check for doneness. Asparagus cooks very quickly and goes from crunchy to soft fast. If your asparagus is thicker, add 1-2 minutes longer to the cook time.
How do I choose the best asparagus?
Look for asparagus that is firm, with bright green stalks and closed tips for the best tasting asparagus.
How can I cook asparagus in the oven?
If you don’t have an air fryer, you can easily roast this asparagus in the oven. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees, toss the asparagus in the olive oil and place on a baking sheet, then roast for approximately 10 minutes.
My favourite way to serve this is lightly seasoned with just a bit of course salt and then with a side of lemon garlic dip. The spears stay crunchy enough that you can pick them up like french fries, making them more fun to eat.
Other recipes you might like
More Asparagus Recipes to Try
Air Fryer Roasted Asparagus
- 1 Pound asparagus spears 1 bunch, pencil thick spears
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1-2 lemon wedges optional
- Rinse the asparagus under cool water, then trim the ends of the asparagus just where it turns from white to green.
- Place the asparagus in the air fryer basket and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place the basket in the air fryer and set it to 400°F. Cook the asparagus for 5-6 minutes or until it is your desired level of doneness.
- Remove the asparagus from the air fryer and sprinkle with salt or other seasonings and a drizzle of lemon juice, if desired.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.Click here to join our Facebook group : Air Fryer & Instant Pot Recipes and Cooking Tips