Tender, flaky baking powder biscuits made quickly and easily using the air fryer. Made with only 5 ingredients, and ready in 9 minutes, these biscuits are the perfect side dish to any meal.
These basic baking powder biscuits make a nice small batch, perfect for a quick side with some homemade soup or stew. They are great for dipping in creamy soups such as instant pot cauliflower soup.
They are tender, buttery and flaky. Unlike baking in the oven, these air fryer biscuits are ready in just 9 minutes.
They use simple pantry ingredients and can easily be dressed up by adding a handful of cheddar cheese, some fresh herbs or chopped ham.
These simple baking powder biscuits are made with only 5 ingredients.
- Baking powder
One – Mix the dry ingredients in a medium size bowl, then cut the cold butter into the dry ingredients with a pastry blender or fork until it resembles coarse crumbs.
Two – Add the milk and stir just until combined, you should end up with a shaggy dough.
Three – Turn the dough out onto a floured counter top or pastry mat and press the dough out until it is about half and inch thick. Fold the dough in half and press out again, repeating this process 3 or 4 times. This is what will give you the flaky layers.
Cut the dough into 4 rounds, then gather the scraps up and pressing out again to cut the remaining 2 biscuits. I usually roll the last few scraps together for one last, misshapen biscuit.
Four – Place the biscuits into the air fryer basket and then cook at 350 degrees for 9 minutes until golden brown.
Pro Tip – If you want to line the basket with parchment paper for easier clean up you can. Be sure to use parchment paper with holes that has been designed to allow air circulation in the air fryer and do not add during the pre-heat stage. The parchment paper must be weighed down or it can cause a fire hazard.
Yes you can. Add the cheese after you have cut-in the butter, but before you add the milk.
These biscuits should keep a couple of days in an airtight container or ziplock bag at room temperature. You can also freeze them and they should last several months.
More Air Fryer Baking
Air Fryer Baking Powder Biscuits
- 1.5 Cups all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons salted butter cold
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ Cup + 1 tablespoon milk
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Cut the butter into cubes and add to the dry ingredients. Using a pastry blender or fork, cut the butter into the dry ingredients until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add the milk and stir just until combined, you should have a shaggy dough. If it feels too dry, add another tablespoon of milk.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured counter top or pastry mat. Press the dough out until it is half inch thick, then fold in half and press out again. Repeat this process 3-4 times, this is what will give you flaky layers.
- Using a 2-inch cutter, cut the dough into 4 rounds, then gather the scraps and press out again to cut the remaining 2. You can press the last few scraps together for one more biscuit if you like.
- Place the biscuits in the air fryer basket, then set the basket in the air fryer. Cook at 350°F for 9 minutes until biscuits are puffed and golden.