Air fryer Chex mix, with the subtle flavours of dill pickle, is a quick snack you can make at home with just a few ingredients. This recipe comes together in about 10 minutes and makes a perfect size batch for your next movie night.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I love snack mix. There are so many varieties and flavours and I like that you get so many snack options in one little (or big) bowl.
Making your own snack mix is quick and easy and you can make a batch as large or small as you need.
Homemade Chex Mix will keep well for up to two weeks in an airtight container or ziplock bag. That is, if you don’t eat it all before then.
The nice thing about this Chex snack mix is you can use almost any combination of salty snacks you like to make it.
I like using a combination of pretzels, crackers, cereal and nuts. If you have allergies you can leave the nuts out and replace them with something else. For this dill pickle Chex mix I’ve used:
- Rice chex
- Mini pretzels
- Goldfish crackers
- Roasted peanuts
The seasoning mix is a blend of seasonings and melted butter. The dill pickle flavour in this mix is mild, but you can use extra dill if you prefer it to be stronger. I don’t find I need to add extra salt as the salted butter and combination of salty snacks provides enough, but if you feel it needs more salt go ahead and add ½ teaspoon or so.
- Melted butter
- Dill pickle juice
- Dried dill
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
If you want more dill pickle flavour you can increase the amount of dill or increase the dill pickle juice by one or two tablespoons. You could also add dill pickle snack to the mixture suck as dill pickle pretzels or crackers.
What I love most about this Chex mix is how easy it is to make.
Simply mix the melted butter, dill pickle juice and seasonings in a small bowl. Then add the snacks to a large bowl, drizzle the butter mixture over top and mix well.
Next you will add about half of the mixture to the air fryer basket, depending on the size of your basket. You are looking for a thin layer, about ½ inch thick at most. Work in more batches if you need to.
After preheating the air fryer, set it to 350 degrees for 4 minutes shaking half way through.
When the timer is complete spread the snack mix over a baking sheet to cool, 5 or 10 minutes, then enjoy.
You can store this snack mix in an airtight container or ziplock bag. Store it at room temperature for up to two weeks.
For sure. Simply leave the nuts out. If you like you can replace them with cheerios, or other cereal or any other favourite snack item.
More Air Fryer Snacks
Click here to join our Facebook Group : Air Fryer & Instant Pot Recipes and Tips
Air Fryer Dill Pickle Chex Mix
- 2 cups rice chex
- 1 ½ cups mini pretzels
- 1 cup goldfish crackers
- ½ cup roasted peanuts salted or unsalted
- 3 Tbsps salted butter melted
- 2 Tbsps dill pickle juice
- 2 tsps dried dill
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- In a large bowl, mix the rice chex, pretzels, crackers and peanuts.
- Mix the melted butter, dill pickle juice, and seasonings in a small bowl or measuring cup and then drizzle over the dry ingredients.
- Stir the mixture until everything is well coated in the seasoning.
- Preheat the airfryer for 5 minutes at 350°F
- Place approximatly half of the mixture into the air fryer basket. You are looking for a layer about half an inch thick. If you have a smaller air fryer you can divide into more batches.
- Place the basket into the airfryer and set the fryer for 350°F for 4 minutes.
- At the half-way mark, shake the basket.
- When the timer is complete dump the chex mix onto a baking sheet, then repeat the cooking process with the remaining mix.
- Allow the Chex mix to cool, (about 10 minutes) then enjoy.
- Can be stored in an airtight container or ziplock bag for about 2 weeks.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.Click here to join our Facebook group : Air Fryer & Instant Pot Recipes and Cooking Tips