Crispy strips of pastry coated in sweet cinnamon sugar are a delicious treat, especially when served with a dish of icing for dipping. These air fryer cinnamon sugar pastry scraps are light, flaky, and crisp. They are made with just a few simple ingredients and are ready in about 15 minutes. A great way to use leftover pastry, these treats will disappear quickly.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Why We Love This Recipe
We love these tasty little pastry bites because they are so quick and easy to make. They are made with just four simple ingredients, and the quantities listed are just guidelines. You can make these pastry treats with as much or as little pastry as you have and just adjust the remaining ingredients to suit your taste.
The flaky, buttery pastry, combined with the sweet cinnamon sugar, is a delicious treat that can be enjoyed just as you would any cookie. They are lightly crisp on the outside and flaky on the inside, and they just melt in your mouth.
If you don’t have any leftover pastry but still want to make these little cinnamon sugar treats, then you can use any frozen or refrigerated pastry and just cut it into small strips or bite-sized pieces. If you’d rather, you can roll the pastry out and cut it into shapes with a cookie cutter.
For a complete list of ingredients, see the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
This recipe is made with just four simple ingredients.
- Pastry scraps – You can use sweetened or unsweetened pastry for this recipe. I use the scraps from trimming the pastry for other recipes, but if you want to make these cinnamon sugar strips and don’t have any scraps from making something else first, you can just use the pastry from one deep dish pie crust and cut it into strips.
- Melted butter – Salted or unsalted butter is fine. You will want two to three tablespoons, depending on how much pastry you have.
- Granulated sugar – Granulated sugar works best as it coats the buttery pastry evenly. However, you can use brown sugar if you prefer, or even coarse raw sugar.
- Ground cinnamon – This adds a warm, spicy flavour to the pastry. You can adjust the quantity to suit your tastes or get creative with spice blends such as pumpkin spice or apple pie spice.
Step by Step Instructions
Start by cutting the pastry into strips or small pieces, then place them in a medium-sized bowl.
Pour the melted butter over the pastry and toss to coat. Then mix the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl, sprinkle over the pastry, and toss to coat, repeating until the pastry is well covered in the sweet cinnamon sugar.
Preheat your air fryer for 5 minutes at 350°F, then add the pastry to the basket in a single layer.
Pro Tip: Try to keep these pastry scraps in a single layer to prevent them from sticking together and ensure even cooking.
Cook the pastry on the air fry setting for 8-9 minutes, or until the pasty is your desired crispiness. Shake the basket once or twice during the cooking process to ensure even cooking.
Pro Tip: These cinnamon sugar pastry strips will continue to crisp and firm up as they cool. So be sure not to over cook them.
When the pastry strips are done cooking, turn them out onto a cooling rack and serve as desired.
You can serve these little treats hot or cold.
We suggest serving them with a dish of sweet dipping sauce, such as thinned icing, cream cheese frosting, chocolate sauce, or caramel sauce.
These little pastry cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for about a week.
They can also be frozen for later. Just place them in an airtight container and freeze until you are ready to consume. Then allow them to thaw at room temperature before serving. They will keep in the freezer for several months.
Top tips and FAQS
- Don’t oversaturate the pastry with butter. You want to use just enough so that the sugar and cinnamon sticks.
- Be sure to place the pastry in a single layer in the air fryer basket to keep the strips from sticking together and ensure even cooking.
- Make sure the cookies are fully cool before storing, or they will soften and lose their crunch.
These little cinnamon sugar pastry cookies will keep for about a week in an airtight container at room temperature or several months in the freezer.
More Air Fryer Dessert Recipes
Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Pastry
- 2 Cups pastry scraps
- 2 tablespoon butter melted
- 3 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F for 5 minutes.
- Cut the pastry scraps into strips, or any shape you desire.
- Place them in a bowl, add the melted butter and toss to coat.
- Mix the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl and add to the pastry tossing to coat.
- Add the pastry scraps to a preheated air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Cook the pastry on the air fry setting at 350°F for 8-9 minutes until you've reached your desired crispness. Shake the basket halfway through to ensure even cooking.
- Turn the pastry onto a cooling rack and serve.
- Serve with dip, such as icing, cream cheese icing, or chocolate sauce if desired.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.Click here to join our Facebook group : Air Fryer & Instant Pot Recipes and Cooking Tips