Air fryer pizza rolls start with refrigerated pizza dough that has been filled with pizza sauce, cheese and your favourite pizza toppings. These tasty rolls are easy to make and ready in about 20 minutes. They are great hot or cold and perfect to toss in the lunch box or for an afternoon snack.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
What are pizza rolls?
Think of a cinnamon roll, except having a sweet cinnamon filling they are filled with all of your favourite pizza toppings.
They have a nice, doughy pizza crust that has been layered with pizza sauce, meat and cheese, then rolled up and baked. Or in this case, baked in the air fryer.
This pizza roll recipe is great because it is so easy to customize any way you like.
They make a great grab and go lunch, perfect for the lunch box, and can be enjoyed hot or cold.
To make these pizza rolls you will need:
- Pizza Dough – We use the refrigerated pizza dough that comes in a tube. If you can’t find pizza dough you could substitute refrigerated crescent rolls. Just roll it out and press the seams together with your fingers.
- Pizza Toppings – We keep it simple with pepperoni or ham, but you can use your favourite pizza toppings.
- Cheese – I recommend shredded pizza mozzarella, but you can use cheddar, Monterey Jack or a combination of your favourites.
Filling Suggestions for Pizza Rolls
- Diced onions
- Diced peppers
Pro Tip – Use freshly shredded cheese for the best results. Pre-packaged shredded cheese contains preservatives that can result in clumpy, gritty cheese when it melts.
How long does it take to cook pizza rolls in the air fryer?
These pizza rolls take will take approximately 11 minutes when cooked at 320°F on the air fryer setting.
It is important to note that all brands of air fryers can vary a bit with how they cook. If your rolls don’t seem fully cooked after 11 minutes simply add a couple of extra minutes.
I use the Cosori 5.8XL basket style air fryer, which I love. It has plenty of room, stores nicely on the counter under the cabinets and is easy to clean.
These pizza rolls are incredibly easy to make. They only use a few ingredients and from start to finish they are ready in 20 minutes.
Begin by rolling the pizza dough into a rectangle about 14×10 inches. Place a piece of parchment paper, wax paper or a pastry mat on the counter to prevent the dough from sticking and make it easier to roll.
Next spread a layer of pizza sauce over the dough, then layer the meat followed by the shredded cheese.
We use the Pillsbury refrigerated pizza dough for this recipe. It comes in a tube, similar to the crescent rolls or biscuits, in the refrigerated section of the grocery store.
Roll the dough into a log, like you are rolling cinnamon rolls, then cut it into 6 equal pieces.
Place a small sheet of parchment paper in the basket then place the rolls inside making sure to leave about an inch of space between them for them to rise.
Set the air fryer to 320°F and cook for 11-12 minutes until they have risen, the cheese is melted and the dough is golden brown.
Pro Tip – If you prefer pizza pockets over rolls you can do that instead. Simply cut the dough into 6 rectangles, add the filling, then fold them in half and crimp the edges. The cook time will remain the same.
How to Serve Pizza Rolls
These pizza rolls can be served as a light lunch, dinner or even a snack.
We like to serve them with an extra dish of warm marinara or pizza sauce for dipping. But you could also try serving them with a cheese sauce, garlic dip, or simply serve them as they are.
They are delicious both hot or cold which makes them perfect for grab and go lunches or to toss in the lunch boxes for the kids.
Yes, these will freeze very well. You can store them in an airtight container or ziplock bag after they are cooked. They should keep several months.
Yes. It is important that these are stored in the refrigerator due to the meat and cheese in the rolls.
You can reheat these in the microwave, oven or even in the air fryer. To reheat in the oven just place them on a baking sheet, cover and heat at 350 for about 10 minutes.
To reheat these in the air fryer, heat at 320 degrees for about 5 minutes.
More Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- 1 Tube refrigerated pizza dough
- ¼ Cup pizza sauce
- 24 Slices pepperoni or ham, salami
- 1 ½ Cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Place a large piece of parchment or wax paper on the counter, or use a pastry mat.
- Open the pizza dough and roll out to approximately 14×10 inches.
- Spread pizza sauce over the dough then top with the pepperoni and finally the shredded cheese.
- Roll up from the longest side to form a log. Then slice the log into 6 equal pieces.
- Place a piece of parchment paper in the basket of the air fryer.
- Set the pizza rolls in the basket with the cut side down leaving about an inch of space between them so they can rise.
- Set the air fryer to 320°F and cook for 11-12 minutes until the dough has risen, the cheese is melted and the rolls are golden brown.
- Serve with pizza sauce, marinara or other dip on the side.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.Click here to join our Facebook group : Air Fryer & Instant Pot Recipes and Cooking Tips