Crispy air fried wings tossed in a buttery, garlic parmesan coating. These wings are full of flavour and are perfect for an appetizer or snack. Make a large batch as they will disappear fast!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Who doesn’t love to dive into a large platter of freshly cooked chicken wings?
Chicken wings are a the perfect hand-held snack. With endless flavours to choose from there is something for everyone.
While buffalo wings are the flavour most associated with wings, especially during occasions like game-day, these garlic parmesan wings are a delicious alternative for the person who doesn’t like spice.
In fact, they are pretty perfect even if you do love spice.
The wings are crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside and smothered in a rich, buttery, garlic parmesan coating.
Make sure you have a good stack of napkins close by, you’re going to need them.
Why We Love This Recipe
Simple Ingredients – Nothing fancy here. Just some chicken wings and a few pantry ingredients.
Easy – Super simple prep. Just toss in seasoning, cook and toss again.
Quick – These can be on the table in around 30 minutes.
Crowd pleaser – Make a large batch. These wings are always a huge hit and disappear fast!
For a full list of ingredients see the printable recipe at the bottom of this post.
Chicken wings – I prefer to buy split wings. You can buy full wings and do it yourself as well, but I hate having to pay for the tips that get tossed.
Baking powder – This may seem like a strange ingredient for chicken wings, but this little ingredient helps make the wings extra crispy. Trust me.
Seasonings – A mixture of dry seasonings you likely have in your pantry already. The cayenne adds a tiny bit of spice, but these would still be classified mild. However, you can leave it out.
Grated parmesan – This is the parmesan you can buy in a shaker container, usually beside the dry pasta in the grocery store. Feel free to use fresh if you have it.
One – In a small bowl, mix the flour, corn starch, baking powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper and salt.
Place the wings in a large bowl and toss with half of the flour mixture. Wait 5 minutes, then add the rest of the flour mixture and toss again.
Two – Place the seasoned wings in the air fryer basket and spray with a bit of olive oil spray.
Pro Tip – By adding half the seasoning and waiting a few minutes the wings will get sticky as moisture from the skin soaks into the flour. When you toss again more flour will stick making the wings extra crispy when cooked.
Three – Cook the wings at 380 degrees for 23 minutes, shaking or turning the wings half way through.
When the wings are almost done, melt the butter in a small bowl or sauce pan and add the parmesan cheese and remaining seasonings.
Four – When the wings have finished cooking, transfer to a large bowl. Pour the butter mixture over the wings and toss to coat.
These crispy wings can be served in so many ways.
They are great on an appetizer platter or can be served as the protein portion of your meal.
I always like to serve wings with a side of dip and these wings match well with creamy garlic dip or your favourite ranch dressing.
You sure can. I usually just toss them back in the air fryer at about 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes. They leftovers are great cold too.
If you want to prepare these ahead of time simply toss them in half of the flour mixture and store in the refrigerator. Right before you place them in the air fryer toss them in the remaining seasoning and then cook as directed.
More Air Fryer Appetizers
Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Wings
- 2 Pounds split chicken wings
- 3 Tbsps all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Olive oil spray
Garlic Parmesan Butter
- ¼ Cup salted butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 Tbsps grated parmesan cheese
- Mix the flour, corn starch, baking powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper and salt in a small bowl.
- Place the chicken in a large bowl and add half of the flour mixture. Toss to coat, wait 5 minutes, then add the remaining flour mixture and toss again.
- Place the chicken in the air fryer basket or tray in a single layer. A bit of overlap is ok.
- Lightly spray with olive oil spray then place the basket in the air fryer and set to 380°F for 23-25 minutes. Half way through the cook time shake or turn the wings.
- When the timer is almost complete, melt the butter in a small bowl in the microwave or in a saucepan on the stove. Add the seasonings and parmesan cheese and whisk to combine.
- When the chicken has finished cooking remove from the air fryer and place the wings in a large bowl. Pour the butter over the wings and toss until the chicken is well coated.
- Sprinkle with additional parmesan cheese, if desired and serve.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.Click here to join our Facebook group : Air Fryer & Instant Pot Recipes and Cooking Tips