The same tomato feta pasta that has been made famous by TikTok made even easier by using the Instant Pot. This one pot meal is creamy, cheesy and full of flavour and on the table in less than 30 minutes.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This pasta recipe is creamy, cheesy and delicious. Everything pasta should be.
After making this dish in the oven several times I knew there had to be a way to make it in the instant pot.
While both versions are easy, and both are delicious, this instant pot version is truly a set it and forget it recipe. Other than sautéing some shallots and garlic and stirring a few times, there isn’t much to it.
The instant pot version is super creamy and with the addition of the chicken broth and shallots it has a ton of flavour. Feel free to swap the chicken broth for vegetable broth or water and shallots can easily be omitted or replaced with some red onion.
This will make 4 smaller portions, but it is easy to double if you need and you don’t need to increase the cook time.
Why This Recipe Works
Simple ingredients – This tomato feta pasta uses simple easy-to-find ingredients that aren’t too pricy.
Minimal prep – Other than mincing some shallots and chopping some basil, the rest of this recipe consists of tossing it in the pot and turning it on. It can’t get much easier.
Quick – From start to finish, even with the time it takes the Instant Pot to come to pressure, this meal should be on the table in less than 30 minutes.
For a full list of ingredients see the printable recipe at the bottom of this post.
Broth – I used chicken broth, but you can use vegetable broth or simply use water.
Feta cheese – This works best with a block of feta cheese, but crumbled can be used. You can use either cow or goat’s milk feta.
Cherry tomatoes – Either cherry or grape tomatoes will work. No need to slice them, just toss them in whole.
Pasta – Choose a short pasta like rotini, penne or bow-tie. This recipe calls for 8 ounces of pasta by weight which will equal about 2 cups.
One – Add the olive oil, shallots and garlic and sauté for about 2 minutes until fragrant then add the broth, pasta, feta tomatoes and chili flakes. Cook on high pressure for 4 minutes.
Two – Release the pressure, stir it up, add the chopped basil, stir and serve.
The sauce may seem a bit thin at first, but it will continue to thicken as it sits.
This pasta dish is delicious as a main meal all on its own, or it can be served as a side dish.
On its own you may want to serve it with a slice of garlic bread or even a small salad.
Instant Pot Cooking Tips
- Don’t forget the inner liner before turning on and adding food to the pot.
- Cook time does not include time for the pot to come to pressure. It will take approximately 10-12 minutes to come to pressure depending on the size of your pot, the temperature of the pot before starting the timer, and how full it is.
- This recipe calls for a quick release. If it starts to spurt you can do a controlled release by carefully releasing just a bit of pressure in quick bursts until it has released enough pressure that the spurting stops.
- To double the recipe simply double all of the ingredients. Cook time will remain the same.
You can easily double this recipe. Simply double everything except the time. The time will remain at 4 minutes.
This recipe doesn’t freeze very well, but you can store the leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
If you love quick and easy cheesy pasta make sure you also check out our Instant Pot bacon Mac and cheese.
More Instant Pot Recipes
Instant Pot Tomato Feta Pasta
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup minced shallots 1 small shallot
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 8 ounces pasta rotini, penne, bow-tie, etc
- 2 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 7 oz feta cheese
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- ½ cup chopped basil
- Turn the instant pot to saute and add the olive oil and minced shallots and garlic. Cook for about 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the chicken broth to the pot, then add the pasta. Stir slightly to make sure all the pasta is submerged.
- Place the feta cheese on top and scatter the tomatoes around the cheese. Sprinkle with chili flakes. Do not stir!
- Place the lid on the instant pot, turn the valve to seal and set to high pressure for 4 minutes.
- When the timer is complete, turn the valve to quick release the pressure. If it appears to sputter, do a controlled release by carefully releasing the steam in quick bursts. Then remove the lid.
- With a wooden spoon, break up the feta cheese and then stir to combine. Don't worry if there is a bit of liquid, the starch from the pasta will thicken it up.
- Add the chopped basil and stir into the pasta.
- Serve garnished with additional basil, chili flakes or parmesan cheese.