Air fryer pizza bagels are a tasty meal or snack the whole family will love. You only need a few simple ingredients to make these delicious pizzas and can top them any way you like. Ready in less than 5 minutes they are quick and easy.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Air fryer pizza bagels may just become your favourite quick lunch or snack.
While homemade pizza, while delicious, can be a lot of work. But when you use a bagel as the crust you can have tasty personal sized pizzas in just a few minutes.
The doughy bagel is perfect for holding all your favourite toppings. It has enough structure that it does not fall apart, and the bottom gets crispy while the bagel still stays soft and chewy.
It’s a great way to use up bagels that my have gone a little stale as the pizza sauce will help soften them and because you are toasting them you won’t even notice if they are a bit past their prime.
If you want to make pizza bagel bites for appetizers you can use mini bagels instead of full sized bagels.
You only need a few simple ingredients in order to make homemade pizza bagels.
- Bagels – You can use any flavour variety you like. We used a plain white bagel, but you can use cheese bagels, everything bagels, whole wheat, or any other variety you prefer.
- Pizza sauce – We just used a store-bought jar of sauce. But you can make your own if you like.
- Cheese – We kept things simple and used pre-shredded pizza blend. You can shred your own and use pizza mozzarella, cheddar, marble or any combination of cheese you like.
- Toppings – Get as creative as you want. Keep it simple with pepperoni or ham, or load them up with all the veggies. It’s up to you.
For a complete list of ingredients, see the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
While we would usually recommend shredding your own cheese for most recipes, it is ok to use pre-shredded cheese in this recipe. It will make little difference to the final result.
We love these pizza bagels because they are so simple and there really is no right or wrong way to make them.
Begin by splitting the bagel, then spread each half with pizza sauce.
Add the cheese and toppings as desired.
Preheat the air fryer at 370°F for 4 minutes, then place the pizza bagel halves in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
Place the basket in the air fryer, set it to 370°F and cook for 3-4 minutes until the bagels are hot and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Pro Tip – While we don’t always find preheating the air fryer necessary, for this recipe we found that preheating the air fryer helped melt the cheese faster and prevent the air circulation from blowing the cheese or toppings off of the bagels. Therefore we recommend not skipping this step.
Substitutions & Variations
The great thing about homemade pizza bagels is that there is no end to the number of variations and ways to customize them to your liking.
For the bagels, use any variety you like. We’ve used plain white bagels, cheese bagels, and everything bagels with great results. But you can use any type you like.
To make these into appetizers, or pizza bagel bites, use mini bagels instead of the large size ones.
Use store-bought or homemade pizza sauce, or in a pinch use marinara sauce or pesto.
Use any cheese or combination of cheese you like. To keep things simple, use pre-shredded pizza blend. Or use freshly shredded mozzarella, cheddar, marble or a mix.
Some of our favourite pizza bagel toppings are:
- Pepperoni slices
- Cooked, crumbled bacon
- Cooked, crumbled sausage
- Diced bell peppers
- Sliced olives
- Diced onion
- Sliced jalapeno
You can get as creative with these little pizzas as you like.
Pro Tip – Have a fun pizza night with the family. Set up a buffet of bagels and various toppings and let everyone make their own.
You can make these ahead and freeze if you like. Store them in an airtight container and just take as many out as you need. You will need to add 2 or 3 minutes to the cook time if cooking from frozen.
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Pizza Bagels
- 2 bagels
- ½ Cup pizza sauce
- ½ Cup pepperoni slices or ham, salami, bacon
- ½ Cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- While you are prepping the pizzas, preheat the air fryer at 370°F for 4 minutes.
- Split open the bagels, then spread each half with pizza sauce.
- Add the shredded cheese, then add your toppings.
- Place the prepared bagels into the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Set the air fryer to 370°F and cook for 3-4 minutes until the bagels are hot and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.Click here to join our Facebook group : Air Fryer & Instant Pot Recipes and Cooking Tips