Tender, juicy pork chops in a simple herbed seasoning. These easy pork chops, cooked in the air fryer are ready in just 8 minutes. Perfect for busy weeknights.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I have often avoided buying pork chops as it is the one meat that is very easy to overcook. It can go from juicy and tender to tough and chewy in a matter of seconds.
However, since I’ve been using the air fryer I’ve had tender, juicy pork chops every time.
The best part? They only take about 8 minutes to cook and since this recipe doesn’t require any marinating they only take a couple of minutes to prepare.
These easy pork chops are not breaded, they are just seasoned with a few herbs and spices so they are also gluten free. They go with a wide range of sides so dinner can be as fancy or as simple as you like.
Why We Love This Recipe
Simple Ingredients – These pork chops are prepared with just a few simple seasonings and spices that are already found in most pantries. No need to worry about running to the grocery store for ingredients you will never use again.
It’s budget friendly – Because this recipe is just pork chops and simple seasonings it works out to less than about $2 per person, making it a great, economical meal.
Easy preparation – The only preparation involved is brushing the pork chops with a bit of olive oil and sprinkling them with seasoning.
It’s quick – From start to finish these pork chops are on the table and ready to eat in about 20 minutes. Perfect for busy weeknight dinners.
To make air fried pork chops you will need:
- 4 boneless pork chops – You will want to choose pork chops that are between ¾ – 1 inch thick.
- Olive oil – Either extra virgin or light will work just fine.
- Brown sugar – You can use either dark or light brown sugar. Dark brown will give a slightly richer flavour and darker colour to the cooked pork chops.
- Dried thyme
- Dried mustard
- Garlic powder
- Salt & Pepper
Pro Tip – You can substitute the dried thyme for fresh if you like. Use 1 tablespoon of fresh for every teaspoon of dried.
Prepare the pork chops
Start by drizzling or brushing olive oil over both sides of the pork chops.
Mix the brown sugar, seasonings, salt and pepper in a small bowl and sprinkle over both sides of the pork chops.
Cook the pork chops
While you are seasoning the pork chops, pre-heat the air fryer to 400°F for 5 minutes.
Then place the pork chops in a single layer in the air fryer basket leaving a bit of room between them for air circulation. Set the fryer to 400°F for 8 minutes.
Half way through the cook time flip the pork chops.
When the timer is complete remove the pork chops to a plate, cover with foil and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Pro Tip – You can use a meat thermometer to test the pork chops for doneness. You will know they are fully cooked when they read 145°F when a meat thermometer is inserted in the middle of the pork chop.
The best things about these pork chops is that they go with almost any side dish.
We love serving them with mashed potatoes, especially if when we’ve saved the drippings to drizzle over everything.
They also go great with mac & cheese, pasta salad, or roasted vegetables.
You could also serve them with a simple green or Caesar salad if you like. The possibilities are endless.
Pork chops are done when a meat thermometer is inserted in the thickest part and it reads 145°F. The best way to read the temperature is to place the meat thermometer through the side of the pork chop until it reaches the centre.
Yes you can. You will want to add a minute or two to the cook time.
For sure. Just add a couple of minutes to the cook time and remember to check the internal temperature for doneness.
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
Click here to join our Facebook Group : Air Fryer & Instant Pot Recipes and Tips
Easy Air Fryer Pork Chops
- 4 boneless pork chops ¾-1 inch thick
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt or coarse sea salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Pre-heat the air fryer at 400°F for 5 minutes.
- While the air fryer is pre-heating, drizzle or brush the oil on both sides of the pork chops.
- Mix the sugar, spices, salt and pepper in a small bowl and sprinkle on both sides of the pork chops.
- Place the pork chops in the air fryer basket in a single layer and return the basket to the fryer.
- Set to 400°F for 8 minutes.
- Half way through flip the pork chops.
- When the timer completes remove the pork chops from the air fryer and place on a plate. The pork chops should read a temperature of 145°F if tested with a meat thermometer. If they aren't quite done you can add another minute or two. Cover with foil and let rest 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the foil and serve.
- You can save any of the juices that have run out while resting to serve on the side.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.Click here to join our Facebook group : Air Fryer & Instant Pot Recipes and Cooking Tips