These easy s’mores are made with toasted, gooey marshmallows and melted chocolate squares sandwiched between two toasted graham crackers. Now you can have the traditional campfire treat at home in just 5 minutes using the air fryer.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
One of the best parts of camping is toasting marshmallows over the fire. And if you have a couple of graham crackers and a square of chocolate to squash it between it’s even better.
However, if you aren’t able to go camping, you can still enjoy these delicious treats by making them at home.
While it’s fun to stand over a fire and roast your marshmallows to perfection, not everyone has space to do that.
Thankfully, it is easy to make s’mores in the air fryer, they only take 5 minutes and they taste just as good as the fire roasted version
You only need three ingredients to make s’mores.
- Graham crackers – You will want one full graham cracker per s’more. That is the full rectangle and you will break it into two squares.
- Marshmallows – Large marshmallows work best, but you could use a few mini marshmallows instead if that is what you have.
- Chocolate – Get creative here. Use your favourite solid chocolate bar, or use a fun version like caramel filled, peanut butter filled, or cookies and cream.
Break the graham crackers in half so that each is two squares. Set aside.
Using a sharp knife or kitchen scissors cut each marshmallow in half.
Pro Tip – Cutting the marshmallows makes them sticky so that they will stay on the graham crackers when they are in the air fryer. Otherwise the circulating air may blow them off.
Gently press the sticky side of each marshmallow onto a graham cracker half. Then lay the graham crackers in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
Place the basket in the air fryer and set the temperature to 400°F for 3-5 minutes.
Check them at 3 minutes and leave them a bit longer if you want them more toasted. Between 3-4 minutes should give you lightly golden marshmallows that will look puffed up. You should smell the toasty sugar as well.
Remove the hot graham crackers from the air fryer basked with a lifter and gently press a square of chocolate onto half of the marshmallows. Then top them with the half.
Leave them sit for about one minute to allow the chocolate to melt then enjoy. Careful, they are hot!
The traditional s’more is made with graham crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate. But there are so many fun variations you can try, you are really only limited by your own imagination. Here are a few ideas to get you started.
Caramel s’mores – add a soft caramel or use caramel filled chocolate like Rolos.
Peanut butter s’mores – use a peanut butter cup or other peanut butter filled chocolate bars.
Cookies and cream s’mores – use chocolate graham crackers and white chocolate filling.
Get creative and use any of your favourite graham crackers or cookies and combine them with your favourite chocolate. You could even use chocolate marshmallows. There are endless flavour combinations possible.
While often used interchangeably, and while both are accepted, the proper spelling of this delicious treat is s’mores. S’mores is the contraction of two words, “some” and “more”
Yes you can. You will want to use 4 mini marshmallows in place of 1 large marshmallow. Make sure you cut them in half so they stick to the graham crackers.
More Air Fryer Desserts
Click here to join our Facebook Group : Air Fryer & Instant Pot Recipes and Tips
Easy Air Fryer S’mores
- 4 graham crackers broken in half
- 1 2 oz chocolate bar, broken into squares
- 4 large marshmallows
- Break each graham cracker in half to make 2 squares and set aside.
- Cut each marshmallow in half using a sharp knife or kitchen scissors.
- Place half a marshmallow on each graham cracker half with the sticky side down and gently press so they cracker and marshmallow stick together.
- Place the graham crackers in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Set the temperature to 400°F and cook for 3-5 mintues until the marshmallows are golden and puffy.
- Carefully remove the toasted graham crackers from the basket using a lifter and immediatly press a square of chocolate onto half of the marshmallow cookies. Then top with the remaining half.
- Leave sit for about one minute to allow the chocoalte to warm and melt then enjoy. Careful, it’s hot!
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.Click here to join our Facebook group : Air Fryer & Instant Pot Recipes and Cooking Tips